Re: TV out

* Mike Alborn (malborn@odoitau.dyn.dhs.org) wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 06:19:11AM -0300, M?rcio de Ara?jo Benedito wrote:
> > I have a HP OmniBook XE3 laptop, and the TV out don't work. The video
> > adapter is a s3savage, and I have debian woody + XFree 4X instaled.
> >
> > How to make the TV out work?
>
> I have the same card in my Toshiba Satellite 2800, and TV out works fine
> for me.
>
> I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific. Do you have a Fn-key

Sorry, my english is very basic for write!

> combination on your keyboard that can cycle between LCD/CRT/TV? If so,

The keys are here, but is not configured!

> what is the behaviour of the TV out port when doing this? (ie., no
> display at all, cycle skips the TV, garbled output, etc.) Keep in mind
> that there are different types of TV signals (NTSC,PAL) and your card
> might be set for the wrong one- check the BIOS.

It's not work, the TV  display nothing.

> Also, there is a package called s3switch that can be used to control the
> output of the S3 Savage card in software. You might want to give that a
> try.

I have this package, but the option TV is not present, I have LCD/CRT
options, not TV option.

> HTH & HAND,

[]'s
--
Márcio de Araújo Benedito - china@pbh.gov.br
Empresa de Informática e Informação do Município

	O sucesso e um simbolo de autoconfianca
		-- Frank S. Caprio