Re: Periodic distro question

Derek Broughton@lists.debian-laptop@Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:31:02 -0500:
> > One thing that I'm really frustrated in right now is that the Debian
> > Stable is whoefully behind everything else on the internet. Technically,
> > I cannot run the XFree 3.3.6 that is provided.
>  Is true.  But that's considered a feature.

Of course. And about one year ago, this was acceptable. But Potato's
really obsolete now. Woody should release soon and so should Sarge. Not
after three years, but in less than 18 months, I think.

Hmm, what am I doing? Let's go and fix some bugs, after all I'm a DD..
;-)

Wilmer v/d Gaast.

--
| lintux : :'  :  lintux.cx |  | Unix and CGI @   IOI/NIO(Dutch)at |