Re: Problems with Dell 510C and modprobe

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 21:11, Derek Broughton wrote:
> But this is not an Inspiron.  I'm not sure whether this advice applies
> to Latitudes.  If it _was_ an Inspiron, the whole problem is APM - which
> isn't supported.  I don't know whether Lars' machine uses APM or ACPI.

Ack. I didn't real carefully enough, sorry.

But APM as well as ACPI is supported on Inspirons AFAIK - or at least it
works.

At the moment I can't get to the Dell support site to check what the
latest BIOS version for Latitude 510C is, but in general it's well worth
upgrading to the latest BIOS on Dell machines. Some people would say the
Dell BIOS is very, er, buggy...

Cheers,
fabbe