Re: newbie soundcard problem

hello again list...

thanks for all the help! i see the opl3sa2.o modules in my /misc directory
but i am having a hell of a time using modprobe. when i use it i get a
'can't locate' error, which i get for every combination of directories i
enter in. the module itself is located in /lib/modules/2.2.18pre21/misc/ -
where does modprobe start looking for modules? i tried 'modprobe opl3sa2.o'
or 'modprobe /misc/opl3sa2.o' and so on but i'm having no luck, and reading
the modprobe manual doesn't help me out at all. i'm sure this is a simple
question, and i appreciate your help..

best,
nick

--