getting pcmcia cards to load before networking

I cannot get dhcp to work when my computer first boots.  After the boot
sequence completes I do init.d/networking restart and it starts right up.
It doesn't work on startup because pcmcia cardmgr starts up after networking
starts up.  Therefore when the network starts my network card isn't
recognized yet (no eth0 device).  Does anyone know how to modify the startup
sequence so that pcmcia interfaces are loaded before the networking
interfaces.  Thanks

Nicholas Imfeld
nimfeld@aaainc.com