Re: IRDA

Hi

> Your kernel creates all the directories in /proc.  If the irda.o
> module is not loaded then the directory won't be there.  If irda is
> statically compiled into the kernel then the irda directory will
> always be there. I suggest running lsmod, and making sure the irda
> module is mentioned. If not insmod it.

Well, after a recompile I now find that I have /proc/net/irda.
And... in the irda directory there is .. discovery .. irias .. irlap
.. irlmp .. irttp ..  but .. when I try to do modprobe irda I still
get the message that irda.o isn't there. I did remember to do 'make
modules' and 'make modules_install'  So,  it should be there.

When I rebooted I got the message that the irdamanager had started
which I didn't get before.  At least that part is positive.

So,  the mystery deepens

--
Richard