Re: IRDA

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 11:00, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Keith
>
> > kgeffert@vaio:/proc/sys/net$ ls
> > 802  core  ethernet  ipv4  irda  unix
>
> These are definitely present but not Irda.  So, don't know what to
> say about it really. I suppose that I could do 'mkdir irda'  but ...
> what to put in it once it's there ?

Your kernel creates all the directories in /proc.  If the irda.o module
is not loaded then the directory won't be there.  If irda is statically
compiled into the kernel then the irda directory will always be there.
I suggest running lsmod, and making sure the irda module is mentioned.
If not insmod it.  If your 100% sure you have irda all setup in the
kernel and the module is loaded, try upgrading to a newer 2.4 series
kernel.

--
Keith Geffert
http://www.penguingurus.com/