Re: Compaq Presario 1722 experiences ?

I've had the Compaq 1700T for over a year now.  It's been pretty good.
I've run Red Hat, Slackware, and now Debian Woody on it.  To be honest,
you'd be better off perhaps spending more money and AVOIDING compaq.
Their support is terrible.  I can tell you many, many horror stories.  I
don't know how closely the 1722 is related to the 1700 but I'll answer
your questions in regard to the 17xx.

Built in Ethernet card: No.

X:  Yes it's works well.

Sound is a ESS Maestro 3 and is supported by recent kernels.

Does support ACPI but not APM.  However you can't see the battery
charge.

Regards
Scott A Runnels