Re: Toshiba Satellite 3000 Software Modem

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:34:12AM -0800, Sky McKinley wrote:
> Hi.  I've got a Toshiba Satellite 3000 which, according to the
> documentation, has a software modem.  I know that, occasionally, these
> can be used under Linux, but I'm not sure what kind mine is.  Does
> anyone else have a Satellite on which the modem has been confirmed to be
> working/not-working?

I have a Satellite 2800-C302 with a Lucent Winmodem working happily
under Linux. Basically, find out if your machine has a Lucent-based
modem. If it does, the odds are good. If not, the odds are... not so
good.

	If you do have a lucent modem, see here for more information on
	setting it up:

	http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/
	http://odoitau.dyn.dhs.org/docs/linuxdoc/dominique-6.html

HTH,
--
Mike Alborn <malborn@odoitau.dyn.dhs.org>
# pgp keyid: C36DC30B

Woman:      "Is Yoo-Hoo hyphenated?"
Yogi Berra: "No, ma'am, its not even carbonated."