Dell Latitude Ls and the neomagic X server in unstable

Kind of curious whether others using the neomagic driver in the most
recent X in unstable see problems with a frozen display when switching
to a VC and then back IF the vc is active for a long time.  I tend to
switch away for several tasks and it appears to happen more often
running a wm like icewm but even blackbox causes it.  I have not seen it
yet running ion.

The laptop is a Dell Latitude Ls with 256mb of memory running a 2.4.17
self-compiled kernel.  I don't use the shared audio card at all in this
laptop.

Thanks!

--
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org