Re: Problems with playing DVD

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 09:34:52PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:
> There used to be firmware updates for these toshiba drives that remove
> any region code from your drive, so you should be able to play any
> region code DVD.

"Used to be" ..??   What is the current situation with DVD drives?

Seems to me there's no point buying a DVD drive for a laptop if it can't
play discs from any region.  Just imagine it, you buy your laptop in
Australia, fly to France taking it with you, and all of a sudden you're not
allowed to watch movies on your own computer any more!  imbecilic...

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A