Re: TV-out

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 10:43, Andreas Fromm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody have some experience connecting a TV to the TV-Out jack on
> Laptops?
> specially with a Dell Inspiron 8000 (nVidia GeForce 2) with a Pal TV? It
> seems that the Dell has a special output jack. It has not the standard
> 4-pin SVHS jack, but a 7-pin jack. Do I need any special cable or something?

Yes, you need to use the dongle that came with the laptop. It has the
odd-looking connector on one side, and 3 standard connectors on the
other. (S-Video, RCA, and... something else... not sure what. :) On my
I8K I have an ATI video card so I've been using a program called
atitvout. Since you're running the GeForce 2 you'll have to find
something that will work with your board. Good luck.

-Alex