Re: X with Trident CyberBladeXP graphic card

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 07:44 am, Alberto Benini wrote:
> Hi all,
> I found somebody who use Woody on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600,
> or who run X on a Trident CyberBladeXP with trident driver supported
> by xserver-svga (using FBDev driver it too slow for me)
>
> I have tried several configuration options without success...
>
> Alberto Benini

If you want to stick with X4.1, then the vesa driver is probably your
best bet.

If you're willing to build and install X4.2 yourself (remember to
install it into /usr/local to avoid conflicts with the debian X
packages) then there is unaccellerated support in the 4.2 source
tree and an accellerated server around in binary form (from one of
the XFree team, can't remember where I'm afraid.)

- Derek