Re: Emailsetup for Laptops

martedì 29 gennaio 2002, alle 00:31, Oliver Andrich:
: Hi,
:
: after successfully getting my Toshiba 3000-514 (a detailed howto will be
: available soon) to work under Debian woody. I have still one issue open. My
: mail reader of choice is mutt, so I need to setup some kind of low impact
: mailsystem on my machine. I thought about exim, sendmail and postfix but
: skipped this, cause I don't need any kind of mailservice on my laptop at all.
:
:
Oliver,
  I do think that either exim or postfix are good solutions ro use on a
laptop. I used sendmail, then exim now postfix. The last is easy to
configure and does not consume much resources. I have a really small
laptop (Contura Aero 8MB RAM) with smail on it.
  If you do not want a server then go and look for Archimedes on
sourceforge it a GTK based application with support for POP3, external
SMTP (with queueing in offline mode), support for more account,
filetering and all sort of thinks. I like its look and feel. This is not
mutt or Pine or elm, it an X based app. But you don't have any server.

Regards
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa e-mail: sc@linux.it

To follow the path: look at the master, follow the master, walk with the
master, see trough the master, become the master.