Re: FireWire PCMCIA card ?

Quoting Helios de Creisquer on Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 05:00:39PM +0100:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm getting very short on hard drive space on my laptop, and the prices
> for a 30/40 GB internal disks are... awful !!
>
> So I thaught if an external FireWire hard drive, and in fact I saw some
> cheap disks.
>
> But, the question is: Is anyone of us get a PCMCIA FireWire adapter and
> plugged a disk on it ? Is it working ? any Success-stories around ? :)
>
> Thanks for your answers,

I don't have a success story myself, but I found this by David Hinds,
the keeper of the pcmcia stuff on pcmcia firewire cards:

http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS

Scroll about halfway down the page or search on firewire.  This list was
made on 11/21/01; so it seems pretty recent.

--
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org