Re: Laptop suggestions

i've used a thinkpad 600, 365XD and currently a 240.  the 240 is the best
of the bunch, and can be had on ebay for less than $700 (if you're
looking for an ultalight)

the windmodem in the 240 was even easy to get working (considering i'd
never used a modem under linux before in 2 years of using it).	and the
soundcard is supported in the kernel (a lot of laptops cards work very
poorly under the OSS drivers).

anyhow, thats my thoughts.

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:29:08 +0200, Lukas Ruf whispered to the router:

!!All the others already have given the links '-)
!!
!! I use an IBM TP 600x under Debian.  It simply runs -- and it works
!! perfectly!
!!
!! --lpr
!! PS: squeezing all that's possible (and I know of) out of the configs
for
!!     power saving makes the laptop run up to fours on battery --- well
if
!!     the battery does not get defective....
!!