Re: Help: Screwed up Partition + - Won't boot

Tim Wood wrote:
 Dumped Win98
> Loaded NT4.0 (SP6)
>
> The latter made it necessary to boot off floppy as I have yet to find a
> way to make it boot through the NT loader.

You should be able to start the NT loader through LILO. An entry
like this should work:

other=/dev/hda1
   label=nt

I have had to play games like booting from the NT rescue floppy and
fixing the boot loader (NT seems to be very particular about where on
the disk the "ntldr" executable lives), then booting Linux off CD and
running LILO with a lilo.conf entry like the above. If you select "nt",
then the regular NT loader screen should appear.

--Greg