Re: Problem installing Potato on Inspiron8000

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 09:44:01AM +0200, Emilien Arino wrote:
> I installed the 2.4.3 kernel and and the patched debs for pcmcia-cs, but
> now, I'm having troubles with loading the moulde for my ethernet adapter.
> My laptop has the 3com 10/100 ethernet + Modem combo.
> I tried the 3c575_cb.o but I get the following messages:

Sorry, the precompiled kernel was made for my laptop which has the
Actiontec combo card. You have to recompile your own kernel, based
on the kernel config file that was enclosed to the tarball. Just
disable the incorrect Ethernet driver and enable yours.
Best use make-kpkg to build the kernel so that you will get a deb!

Cheers,
Guenter

--
Linux: Who needs GATES in a world without fences?