Re: Problem installing Potato on Inspiron8000

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

> I put a tarball (dell.tgz) at http://people.debian.org/~gbechly/
> with all the necessary files and docs to install Debian on the
> Dell I8000. This tarball also includes a customized kernel 2.4.3
> as deb and patched debs for pcmcia-cs and SVGAlib.

I installed the 2.4.3 kernel and and the patched debs for pcmcia-cs, but
now, I'm having troubles with loading the moulde for my ethernet adapter.
My laptop has the 3com 10/100 ethernet + Modem combo.
I tried the 3c575_cb.o but I get the following messages:

3c575_cb.o : unresolved symbol register_driver_Ra8664c22
3c575_cb.o : unresolved symbol unregister_driver_R9e54a5d8

I don't get any error messages when I load this module after cb_enabler.o,
but 3c575_cb.o stays unused when I check lsmod.

This what shows lsmod before at startuo:

Module             Used     by

   ds                      2
   i82365               2
  pcmcia_core       0       [ds i82365]