Re: sound on a Tecra 8000

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 11:23:21AM +0200, Philipp Bliedung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anybody got the sound working on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 using the
> 2.4.2 kernel?

I've had the same problem, 2.4.1 was the last version I could get the
opl3sa2 modules working. On 2.4.2 something aparantly broke, but I could
still use the modules for 2.4.1 to get sound working in 2.4.2.
I'm now running 2.4.3 (+int crypto + freeswan) and sound doesn't work
either.

I've already sent a mail to one of the opl3sa2 coders, but haven't gotten
any response.

If anyone has any success please let me know too.

Mark

> I'm trying for more than a week to get it to work.
> The same configuration I used with the 2.2.17  kernel isn't working
> anymore. This sound card can emulate a Sound Blaster Pro, and by loading
> these modules I can listen to CD's but that's it. Using the OPL3-SA2
> modules (like before) doesn't get me anywhere.

Mark Janssen                     Unix Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: mark@markjanssen.homeip.net    GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
http: markjanssen.homeip.net and markjanssen.[com|net|org|nl]
Fax/VoiceMail: +31 20 8757555     Finger for GPG and GeekCode