Re: XFree 4.0.2 and Trident Cyber 9397

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Scibor Sobieski wrote:

> I have Twinhead Slimnote XL2 with Trident Cyber 9397 graphic adapter
> (4MB). I try to install woody with XFree 4.0.2 and I have strange
> behavior. After stating X I see onlu 10% of view on the right site of
> the screen (1024x68 resol.), when I start in 640x480 resol. I see only
> top of the view and the botom.

Hi.

I had similar problems with my laptop, also with a 4MB Cyber9397, showing
a vertical strip of about 50 pixels widths repeated over the full screen.
This problem, however, only occurred at 24bit colour depth. Everything
works well at 8/16bit. Have you tried different colour depths?

Ole

 Ole Marggraf                     email: marggraf@gmx.net
                                         marggraf@astro.uni-bonn.de
 Sternwarte, Universitaet Bonn
 Auf dem Huegel 71                WWW:   http://www.astro.uni-bonn.de/~marggraf
 D-53121 Bonn, Germany                   PGP key on the homepage...