Re: Compaq Laptops and their Hard Drives

Roger,

I have an Armada E500 PII 400, and I have just Debian on it.  Although I am fighting the USB port under 2.4.2, I have no issues.  I used to run RH7 on it, but have opted for a more stream lined release 2.2r7.  I used both Disk Druid (no comments), and fdisk.  Both seem to work flawlessly.  I have also replaced the original drive, with a larger unit.  This too worked out of the box.  I would like to see some of the error msgs if you could post them.  Are you getting any signal 7 errors or anything of the sort?

John