Re: Net Config

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 11:29:26PM -0500, brew@theMode.com wrote:

> I read an email on the list a few weeks ago about a package that allowed
> one to choose which net config you wanted upon bootup but I was unable to
> find the package, or even the email in the archive.
>
> Could some one refresh my memory?  I'm running a Dell Latitude and have a
> static ip at work which works OK, but want to use DHCP at home and at my
> other work location.

Sounds like you want to set up the pcmcia-cs schemes.
You define the different schemes in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts, then switch
between them with "cardctl scheme work", "cardctl scheme home"  or however
you named the scheme.  I believe they're adequately described in the laptop
HOWTO.

There are other alternative systems like divine, too.  Divine is more
complex than the pcmcia schemes, I think.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A