Re: Debian GNU/linux on Toshiba laptops

I've been running 2.1 on my Toshiba 2100CDS for about four months. Works
fine for me, kernel-upgrade to 2.2.14 fixed problems with APM. XFree
setup provided some difficulties, mainly because the hardware specs were
non-existent for my TFT. Modem works fine with the ltmodem-module; sound
works well with both OSS and ALSA. PCMCIA is not tried. Some minor
problems with the XFree, still: upon suspend I have to switch to
console, otherwise the X will be quite weird upon awakening, but that's
minor...

Harri Kiiskinen -- @utu.fi