Bios Batter

Heelo folks,

Got a problem with a Fujitsu Lifebook, only its more hardware than linux
I'm afraid.  Can't do the linux til I solve this.

Previous owner of my machine, in his infinite wisdom, passworded the
bios.  And set it up so that it can only boot from drive C:  Took the
machine apart, looked for a bios battery, or a jumper to reset the
bios.  Not available.  Guy just graduated from my college.  Having
trouble making contact.

Called Fujitsu, and they want $250 to reset the bios.  I'd say the
laptop is worth $400 tops.  They say the battery is soldered in, and
that only they can do it.  Any suggestions for solving this problem
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob