Re: hmmm tweaked too much

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Heather wrote:

> That is why I questioned if anyone knew what options have been selected in the
> "kit" kernel that you get if you install the precompiled binary via
> kernel-image-2.2.15.  It is an -option- in that kernel version, which had to
> be selected at compile time.
>
> And, as I'm not yet playing with X 4, I don't know if it will help, but it
> mentioned MTRR's so I figured you'd want to know.

Oh I've been compiling kernels for months now.  Since day one the MTRR
option has been turned on.  And on bootup there are the messages showing
the driver loading, etc.  Its definately working.....this is indicated by
the MTRR driver being the modules that complains.

> > I can live with it.  Apparently I may need to get the DGA module
> > loaded.  However I have tried and it won't load :(  Or I think it
> > won't.  I tried a xdpyinfo but it says it hasn't loaded.
>
> Hmm.  ltrace or strace it and see what's going on when it bails out?

hmmm must learn how to use that, ideas?

ta ra

Alex

--
**       ((__))  Alexander "Jim diGriz" "Hubenko" Clouter