Re: Thinkpad vs. Quantex

> I've got a 600E with sound working very well (I've never tried
> recording, but playing sounds works really well).  I'm using the cs4232
> driver, I think that your sound hardware should be the same as mine.

i have the neomagic 256av, there is now beta support for it with the oss
drivers and i've had sporadic sucess getting it to work with the standard
kernel modules.  i haven't tried alsa yet but it lists the card as untested
on their home page.

i tried to get the oss drivers to work but it locked up my box hard twice
and i haven't gotten around to trying again.

> As for comparing a Thinkpad and a Quantex, I think this is like
> comparing a Porsche and a Lada.

no doubt. :)

adam.