Re: New Sony VAIO support?

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 02:45:25AM -0500, Kjohn Sasitorn wrote:
> I recommend trying a mounted installation. It is considerably faster and
> easier. I tried to do it through the CDROM, but this is the best way for any
> system. Now if I could just get ethernet to renew properly out of APM... If
> anyone has any ideas, PLEASE do tell. I think it is not renewing the IRQ
> when it comes out of APM...

I only finally got resume working with the pcmcia card just today, after
months of having to reset it by hand!

I had to set

APM=eject

in /etc/pcmcia/apm.opts

Leaving it unset didn't work (though that is the pcmcia default).
Setting it to "suspend" also didn't work.

That's for a Xircom Realport ethernet/modem combo card on a Toshiba 490CDT.

Drew

--
PGP public key intermittently available at
http://strider.ucdavis.edu/~drew/drewskey.txt