Re: Page d'état automatique (was: (forw) Re: String freeze (was Re: Debian Debconf Translation: Compromise))

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:35:50 +0100
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> Quoting Nicolas Bertolissio (nico.bertol@free.fr):
> > Le mercredi 14 janvier 2004, Martin Quinson écrit :
> > > Do we really need an alioth project for this? I mean, you could
> > > also go in the main cvs, under a directory not linked from the
> > > rest of the site, and then add a pointer when it works.
> >
> > Maybe not just for this, but we could try to develop helpers pour
> > translators / reviewers / package maintainers...
>
> Well, sure, but being very ambitious shouldn't slow down this too
> much.

What we have now, works quite OK. It could be a little optimized in
some parts, we should add some more error-checking, etc. But it wouldn't
have to take up too much time to set it up for other language teames.

> Falling down in overdesigned frameworks is always a tentation. Maybe
> start simply just to see if the "overdesigned" framework is really
> needed is maybe more realistic...

Indeed, start small, we can always add features later.

> But, of course, as you vonunteered for this, Nico, you're on your own.

Not quite, I still want to have a part in the further development of
this project.

grts Tim