Re: Update on Knoppix 5.3.1 status

On 3/18/08, Count Of Dracula <countofdracula@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:17 PM, John Woods <gtbutton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Psst... Hey Count...
> > IMO... The last Knoppix was the greatest yet. (I am sure that
> > disappoints some people though.) What disappointment are you speaking
> > of?
> >
> > If you think Knoppix has a few wrinkles... have a look at Vista's
> > troubles. http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/ LOL
>
> Simmer down! I was hoping for Knoppix version of CeBIT 2007 like
> everyone else.That did not happen just that.

Ohhh... that wrinkle. ooops... Lol.
Yes. I owe Klaus a debt of gratitude I will never be able to repay.
After 5.3.1 is released maybe he'll address the 5.2 issue. I was able
to get 5.2 as a torrent download from somewhere... but I never
felt compelled to leave 5.1.1 for it.

Running VirtualBox in Knoppix 5.1.1 was enough for me.
Knowing I can just fire up a XPbox will give me enough piece of mind
for the foreseeable future. Microsoft can drive off a cliff and I could
care less. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28591

best regards,
john

> However, I do feel the need to overhaul menu system for easy
> navigation of vast amount of programs.
>
> Knopper is a great person and fantastic enginner.Knoppix is
> responsible for unleashing Live CD rush

ditto!