cloop 2.623 (Re: Making new minirt tricky)

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 08:26:53AM -0800, stirner wrote:
> I've had the same problem ...and I sent you a privat mail;-)
>
> I think the problem is cloop:I modified the linuxrc script to have more
> "stops" than the expert mode to try each step manually.
>
> It loads the KNOPPIX cloopfs regulary then it hangs whith a message like
> "too many cloops...".

Something with namespaces? I think I found the bug: This occurs when you
modprobe cloop; rmmod cloop; modprobe cloop again. It's fixed in
cloop-2.623. There was one forgotten disk allocation on rmmod, which
caused the module to unload cleanly, but on second modprobe, the same
disk was allocated twice, causing a kernel oops.

http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org/sources/cloop_2.623-1.tar.gz

Sorry for not having uploaded the bugfixed version earlier. I was
planning to release it with the next Knoppix DVD. Which is now due in
March/Cebit.

With kind regards