Re: KNOPPIX 4.0.2 2005-09-12 mysql-server: old_password = 1

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 02:18:42PM +0200, Jody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> mysqld return an error:
>
> "unknown variable 'old_password = 1'"
>
> Comment the line 48 in /etc/mysql/my.cnf resolv it.

*sigh* Why did I not discover that ealier? One byte to fix, but now the
3.5GB are already on most mirrors and people start downloading.

Well, it's comparably easy to fix in the config file, so no big drama (I
hope).

> Ps: Whaou! KNOPPIX 4.0.2 (CD version) seems very fast and responsive :)

unionfs with a bunch of bugfixed seems somewhat slower than the old
version (I have not run any benchmarks, though). But the mkisofs
sortlist has been created with a new file sorting scheme based on an
open() strace, which seems to improve seek times a lot. :-)

> Thanks! it's always a pleasure to discover a new KNOPPIX.

I wonder how you discovered it, I haven't even officially announced it
yet to give mirrors some time to download it. ;-)