Re: [debian-knoppix] "readahead" shortened KNOPPIX CD boot time by 60sec

Kuniyasu Suzaki wrote:

Dear,

We customized KNOPPIX with "readahead". It shorten KNOPPIX CD boot
time by 60 sec on our machine (Celeron 2.0 Ghz, 768MB, 24X CD).
  http://blog.drinsama.de/erich/en/linux/2004121101-readahead.html
"readahead" populates the page cache with data from files so that
subsequent reads from these files will not block on disk I/O.

We got the CPU status and I/O status by bootchart.
   http://www.bootchart.org/
You can check the performance of readahead on the following HP.
   http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/readahead/index-en.html

You can download a iso file of "KNOPPIX with readahead". Have fun.
We hope this experience contributes original KNOPPIX.

I post same article to www.knoppix.net/forum/
   http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16358

------
suzaki