"readahead" shortened KNOPPIX CD boot time by 60sec

Dear,

We customized KNOPPIX with "readahead". It shorten KNOPPIX CD boot
time by 60 sec on our machine (Celeron 2.0 Ghz, 768MB, 24X CD).
   http://blog.drinsama.de/erich/en/linux/2004121101-readahead.html
"readahead" populates the page cache with data from files so that
subsequent reads from these files will not block on disk I/O.

We got the CPU status and I/O status by bootchart.
    http://www.bootchart.org/
You can check the performance of readahead on the following HP.
    http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/readahead/index-en.html

You can download a iso file of "KNOPPIX with readahead". Have fun.
We hope this experience contributes original KNOPPIX.

I post same article to www.knoppix.net/forum/
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16358

------
suzaki