Re: [debian-knoppix] Re:Gnome? About Klaus's script files...

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 02:08:04PM -0700, Ahmet Mehmet wrote:
> Hello Klaus (and list)
> Thanks for the scripts you lastly attached.
> I could not understand something about
> Knoppix.mkcompressed, if you can answer I'll be glad.

I try.

> As far as I know, I should go to the sources directory
> and 'chroot .' in this directory.

What do you mean here with "sources" directory?

> The scripts comes after the customizations.
> My question is when I try to execute
> Knoppix.mkcompressed in this new environment, it
> cannot mount the root directory (it is in two
> different lines), it gives an error about no
> mtab-fstab. Do you know about the problem?

No. Did you have a look at Knoppix.mkcompressed changed it to fit your
specific installation/partition configuration?

> I commented these lines and after some trying, I
> managed to write my cd. But now there are two
> problems. One says (during the autoconf screen)
> /etc/module.conf newer than bla bla and the other

That should not be a problem.

> occurs when clicking the floppy icon on KDE desktop.
> It cannot mount the device and when done manually it
> is not mounted with sync option. What is the problem
> with /etc/auto.mnt?

Maybe the automounter isn't running?

/etc/init.d/autofs start

Regards