[debian-knoppix] Re: Space problems....

Hi,

From: Klaus Knopper <knopper@linuxtag.org>
Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] Space problems....
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:18:54 +0200

> Well, I'm curious about the answers.

Some related semi-random thoughts:

-It's not really practical to have multiple CDs, right?  That is, even
 if it is technically possible to switch among CDs (which I don't know
 whether it is), swapping CDs would be cumbersome, no?  Is it
 practical/possible to install applications dynamically?  Many
 machines I've used Knoppix on have some kind of secondary storage
 which presumably can be made use of...

-I suppose trying to maintain one mostly KDE CD and one mostly GNOME
 CD might require too many resources / too much time.  Even if it
 didn't, would this address the situation at hand?

-Could the process of putting together a custom Knoppix CD be made any
 easier?  I recall reading a post on DebianPlanet about whether it
 would be practical to have a Debian package to build your own
 Knoppix-based CD.  If such a thing is practical, perhaps pressure can
 be taken off of Klaus to include various software [1] as other people
 could offer up their customized versions (or if not the actual CD
 image, some meta information that would make it practical for others
 to build such images).

Having said all of that, I'm fairly happy w/ the existing CD -- in
theory I'd like to be able to build my own smaller CD, but I haven't
blocked out the time to go through the manual instructions (-;

Signed,
Pretty Happy Knoppix User

[1] Klaus then gets to put what he wants on the CD -- may be this would
    lead to a smaller CD?