Re: [debian-knoppix] Wechselplatte ansprechen

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 05:51:48PM -0600, Bill Eastman wrote:
> Will someone please translate this to English?  I have a USB EZ Drive,
> that is seen as SCA1.  I don't know if the fstab is right or not.  It
> used to be automount but I changed it.

If you have a USB drive, you will like the 2002-12-07 version of
Knoppix, which will automatically create /etc/fstab and (a) desktop icon(s)
for all found partitions when you plug in the device.

In current versions, you have to have the device connected and a medium
inserted in order for the partitions to be scanned at boot time.

The commands mentions below are only necessary if you want to manually rescan
for new partitions/mediums and create desktop icons.