Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix don't find my graphiccard

Hi,

> > knoppix don't find my Graphiccard. It is a Elsa Gloria l/mx with
following
> > chips use :
> >
> > Graphicprozessor : 3Dlabs GLINT MX
> > 3D Prozessor : 3Dlabs GLINT Delta
> > VGA : S3 Virge
>
> Unsufficient information. Please send me the PCI numbers of this card as
> shown with lspci; lspci -n as stated in the FAQ.

The Gloria 3D graphiccards are openGL cards. There are older but good. At
startup the card use the S3 chip as vga and then the OS switch to the other
graphicprozessors (as is GLINT MX and GLINT Delta) . Red hat 6 ident this
card and use it. Knoppix can´t find it and start only in textmode, without
KDE.

The lspci Numbers are (complete list show by lspci) :

00:00.0 class 0600: 8086:7190 (rev 03)
00:01.0 class 0604: 8086:7191 (rev 03)
00:04.0 class 0601: 8086:7110 (rev 02)
00:04.1 class 0101: 8086:7111 (rev 01)
00:04.2 class 0c03: 8086:7112 (rev 01)
00:04.3 class 0680: 8086:7113 (rev 02)
00:09.0 class 0280: 1244:0a00 (rev 02)
00:0a.0 class 0300: 102b:051a (rev 03)
00:0b.0 class 0200: 1106:3065 (rev 42)

> Try booting in framebuffer mode with
> fb1024x768
> as mentioned in the F2 help. You could also try
> knoppix xmodule=s3virge
> or
> knoppix xmodule=s3
> if your card does not support framebuffer mode (if you get a penguin in
> the left upper corner when Knoppix boots in textmode, your graphics card
> DOES support linear framebuffer mode).

I can´t see the penguin at startup. I become the error befor the system show
the startup protocol.

greetings

Dirk Kamp