[debian-knoppix] Problem with Knoppix at booting

Hello!

I have a problem with Knoppix. Since my computer have been changed, I am
not able to boot my knoppix cd.

I have a woody install on my hdd. I compiled the kernel for the new
configuration (new: AMD Duron 1200Mhz, Mercury KOB KM266 FDSMx
motherboard). I just change only the "Processor type and
feature/Processor family" form Pentium MMX to Athlon_Duron_K7. When I
tried to boot it I get a same result, as Knoppix:

..
ESR value before enabling vector: 00000002

Nothing happened after that.
Hopefully I could boot the previous kernel (Pentium-mmx). There wasn't
any problem. I switched off MTRR and (local /APIC or ACPI/ -I'm not sure
which-.) then there wasn't any problem at boot time as well with Duron
kernel.

I hope that my English understandable.

Csabka

PS.: is it possible to be switched off MTRR and A... on the next release
of Knoppix.