Re: [debian-knoppix] Adding support for Turkish language?

Hello Ahmet,

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 06:49:36AM -0700, Ahmet Mehmet wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who makes this great system...
>
> I want to add support for Turkish in Knoppix (lang=tr :want to write in turkish by default primarily).
>
> There are two problems for me I think:
>
> 1- I managed to find some files about this but I am not sure. Is there a list of files for language customization (or is this a off-topic question)

You just need to modify a single file: /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig.

I added

COUNTRY="tr"
LANG="tr_TR"
KEYTABLE="tr_q-latin5"
XKEYBOARD="tr"
KDEKEYBOARD="tr"
CHARSET="iso8859-9"
# Additional KDE Keyboards
KDEKEYBOARDS="us,de,fr"

to the next release which should be available soon.

I was guessing those values. Please let me know if anything
is wrong.

Regards
-Klaus