Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Pre-3.1 version of KNOPPIX available for testing

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 12:50:23PM +0900, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:
> The English CD boots and runs fine on a local ThinkPad X20 as well as
> a SONY PCG-XR1SA.
>
> As for requests, perhaps this has been discussed already:
>
>   On the English ISO image, the menu items under File->New for
>   OpenOffice are in Deutsch.  English might be nice (-;

Those are the wizards; most of them will not run when openoffice runs
from a readonly partition. This is a bug in version 1.0 of openoffice,
which will be fixed in 1.0.1, which is not our yet.

But the language of those menu items is a problem. It is fixed in some
xml files that probably cannot be exchanged easily. Maybe I can patch
them to be dual language.

>   Also, might it not be useful to also include partimaged?  I was
>   thinking that I could set up a couple of laptops that boot Knoppix
>   where one uses partimage and the other partimaged.

I put it on the list and will find out how much space it needs on the
next release.

Regards
-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                  LinuxTag 2002 - Europes largest Linux Expo
Technical Solutions                                 Where .com meets .org