Re: Problem with applying debian kernel patches

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 22:22 +0200, Matthias Rieber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I try to apply kernel patches I got the following error message:
>
> # ../kernel-patches/all/2.6.26/apply/debian -a amd64 -f vserver 21
> --> Try to unapply 24.
>
>   (+) OK
> bugfix/all/signal-fix-information-leak-with-print-fatal-signals.patch
>   (+) OK   bugfix/all/mac80211-fix-spurious-delBA-handling.patch
> --> 21lenny1 fully unapplied.
> --> Try to apply 1-extra.
> --> 1-extra fully applied.
> --> Try to apply 3-extra.
> 1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file mm/mremap.c.rej
>   (+) FAIL features/all/vserver/vs2.3.0.35.patch
> Error: Patch failed
>
> I tried this on an fully update debian lenny.
[...]

This feature (reconstruction of previous versions) exists in order to
fulfil the requirement that we provide sources for the binary kernel
packages used in the installer, which may lag behind the kernel packages
that are actually installed.  This requirement does not apply to
'featureset' binary packages, since they are not used in the installer.

It is sometimes necessary to adjust the featureset patches to avoid
conflicts with other patches that are used for all kernel packages.
This then means that it is no longer possible to reconstruct older
versions of the featureset.

You can get the old versions from snapshot.debian.org or from our svn
repository.