The first lenny update is scheduled for early April, so I wanted to
start coordinating the kernel update.
The lenny-security branch is currently caught up on security issues,
so I'd like to release a DSA later this week. I'd appreciate it if the
individual arch maintainers could test builds from this branch ahead
of time. The CVE-2009-0029 touch a lot of arch-specific code and
though they applied pretty easily to the lenny kernel, it'd still be
good to get some testing there. I noticed that the snapshot archive
now has a lenny-security dist for some archs (thanks waldi)
There are several fixes queued up for a stable upload. I have a
few more small fixes from jmm to review/commit as well, and it looks
like tbm has an RTC regression fix pending. I've seen mentions of
OpenVZ fixes from Ola/maks - what is the status of those? Are there
any other changes people are working on?
The security fixes don't currently break the ABI. It sounds like the
openvz fixes are ABI-breaking?. If it is going to be ready for this
update and does break the ABI, I'd also like to get the hppa
large-module fix in. And, of course, we'll need to notify the d-i team
of this change.