Re: 2.6.25-6 urgent release

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Bastian Blank wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:19:33AM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > latest stable release is long awaited for testing,
> > thus upload with high urgency this night.
>
> I don't see a security problem which forces immediate action, which may
> also varant the priority setting. Also common sense is to warn at least
> one day before.

the upload was discussed on #d-kernel and best window after beta release.

there is a bunch of security fixes, i agree none of them too grave.
nevertheless it is a window of opurtunity to quickly move it to
testing. to protect our users there!

> > thanks waldi for alpha fix!
>
> I decided to remove this again.

thankfully you are not the only one using reverts.

you are holding up the linux-2.6 testing migration by not uploading
the s390. also pretty strange is that the same story is happening for
the klibc migration. your actions are so childish not worth the good
hacker you are.

kind regards

--
maks