Re: Debian kernel version for lenny?

hello

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:14:51AM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> I'm the maintainer of kernel-patch-openvz (soon linux-patch-openvz)
> and I would like to know which version of the linux kernel that
> you think will be part of Lenny?

why is it not linked to linux-module-extra?

> The reason is that the porting process for a specific kernel version
> is rather high for upstream, because Debian and pristine kernel
> do have rather lot of differences. The openvz kernel patch is also
> very big (~ 700kB).

i saw that openvz patch comes quite late too after upstream stable
release.

well porting is the oot trouble, but the openvz do very cool cleanups
along the namespace additions. although i kinda doubt that it will
be ready for lenny release. the next trouble is that vserver left
tracking mainline since 2.6.22.

we have not settled for the lenny version it is certainly > 2.6.24.
Most probable candidate is 2.6.26.

best regards

--
maks