Re: .config 2.6.24 i386/amd64 discussions

Hello,

How is the performance impact of HZ_1000 and tickless versus HZ_100?

If the impact is as big as the HZ_100 vs HZ_1000 one, I think it's
time to have a desktop/laptop and a server kernel image for amd64.

The desktop image would get HZ_1000, tickless and preemption.

The server image would get HZ_100, no preemption, 255 CPUs support,
and xen/vserver flavours.

Best regards
Frederik Schüler