Re: 2.6.23 sid upload

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 03:02:56PM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> i'm pondering to revert it's removal for now until a patch
> with request_firmware is written.

NACK. You did not provide anything productive for the last discussions
about this so please stop that.

> upstream should hopefully understand some time that updating
> the firmware without having to recompile/reboot your kernel
> is a feature, that is quite standard nowadays.

Well, you should've read the responses from upstream about that.
"The firmware needs to match the driver and changes often, bla, bla,
bla...". Well, I found less changes than the iwl firmwares.

Bastian

--
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9