Re: Schedule for linux-2.6 2.6.18-4

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 05:26:28PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 02:13:33PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> >> So what if it takes a bit longer and takes a bit more disk space? Try
> >> building on m68k. :)
> >
> > Ask cts, it takes less. Especialy as m68k currently builds only two
> > images.
> >
> > Bastian
>
> He cross-compiles on a fast system.

Yes, "he" does, although "he" would not call it a fast system, unless "he" builds
on an amd64...

> Without that I think it is around 6 hours per image.

I think with 2.6 that went up to 8h, it was 6h with 2.4. Cross-building
takes about an hour or so on a PIV, so an insignificant amount of time.

Anyway, there are a few m68k patches out for atari (which we do not build
currently) which are not yet in svn. Also at least my mac could use some
fixes for the network hardware, but those still have to be written, which
will probably take a few more weeks. I would prefer to get that all in in
2.6.19, which makes patch handling easier for me. Plus I have no time to
work on this at least until saturday, and that day is reserved for doubling
the speed of our two fastest m68k buildds.

Christian