Re: Intent to NMU mkvmlinuz to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Sven Luther a écrit :

The mkvmlinuz Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
longstanding bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
for po-debconf.  At least one of these is older than 100 days, namely
bug number 298972 (it is pretty likely that several other translation
bug reports are pending).

I remember some problem with some of these translations, and i was waiting for
a return from you guys. Now, the package is maintained in the kernel svn
repository, and i think we would gladly give you access to it to upgrade the
translations yourself.

OK, so it seems that everyone was waiting everybody..:-). No problem.

Well, i know nothing about translations, and the patches did not apply cleanly
or there where some issues.

So far, the main patch to apply is the "switch to po-debconf" thing. It applies nearly cleanly.

The pending Swedish translation needs review as it was made against the old-style debconf l10n.

I have the intention, as part of a more general action of the Debian
i18n Task Force to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer upload
for mkvmlinuz in order to fix this as well as all pending translations
for the debconf templates.

Please don't do that. In place, i would appreciate you to check in the
translations directly into the svn repository, and ping me for an upload once
you are done, or if you don't want to do this, to send me a clean and uptodate
patch.

No problem for this at all, Sven. If the kernel team agrees, I can update things in the SVN and maybe look for possible other kernel-team maintained things that cuold require l10n (though, as Sven mentions, most of the l10n is kernel-package job.....which unfortunately seems to be pretty difficult to localize properly, at least last time I looked at it).

What I propose for mkvmlinuz is:

-fix the po-debconf thing in SVN
-include the Swedish translation
-post a call for updates to -i18n with a 7-days delay
-commit all received updates (I'll receive them directly as this is much simpler)
-ping Sven for an upload

If you're OK, please allow "cperrier-guest" and not "bubulle" for commit access. I am in too many projects in Alioth now and it causes commit problems (see my recent blog post about this).