Re: RFC: ipw3945-daemon

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 11:41:20AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> No, I think modprobe directives are more appropriate for this task.
> You need a script anyway to change the sysfs permissions, create the
> /var/run/ directory, etc. So it can as well wait for the sysfs files to
> appear. Let me know if you have more doubts.

Ok, it took me a while to figure out that the daemon could not be
started early in the boot process because at the time udev modprobes
the drivers, the filesystem is still read-only (including /var), so it
can't write its PID file. It is possible to work around it by using
/lib/init/rw as the location of the PID file, do you think this is an
acceptable solution?

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org